Senior Behaviour Support Practitioner
Evelyn’s experience supporting people with a disability exceeds 20 years and includes a variety of roles in both government and non-government agencies. This has included direct care support work and behaviour support practitioner roles, working with people with complex support needs.
Working within positive behaviour support and trauma informed frameworks, Evelyn has extensive experience conducting behaviour assessments, developing and implementing behaviour support plans, and service model assessments. Evelyn embraces a person centred and strengths-based approach in her work, with a strong focus on understanding the person she is working with and the system supporting them. Evelyn is especially interested working with families, people in supported accommodation, and people who have experienced trauma.
Evelyn has a keen interest in training and has developed and delivered a number of training packages to suit individual needs, including positive behaviour support and trauma informed practice. She has convened restricted practices panels and is an Independent Specialist with DCJ, contributing to panels across NSW and in ACT. She is a strong advocate for upholding the rights of the people she supports.
As the clinical lead of the behaviour support team, Evelyn provides supervision and support to the behaviour support practitioners at TCS. She also provides behaviour support and restrictive practice leadership within the broader organisation. Evelyn is a provisionally registered psychologist.
- Bachelor of Art Education – College of Fine Arts (COFA) – UNSW – 2012
- Graduate Diploma Psychology – Monash University 2016
- Graduate Diploma Psychology (Advanced) – Monash University – 2018
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – 2022
- Registered Behaviour Support Practitioner (NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission)
- Independent Specialist for Restrictive Practice Panels – DCJ (Department Communities and Justice)
- Independent Clinician for Positive Behaviour Support panels – ACT (Office of the Senior Practitioner)
- Accredited MAPA trainer (Management of Actual and Potential Aggression) with CPI (Crisis Prevention Institute)
- AHPRA – Provisional Psychologist Registration number PSY0002469906