Behaviour Support Practitioner
Erin has worked in the disability sector for over 12 years and has held a number of roles during this time including Disability Support Worker, NDIS Transition Leader, ACT Services Manager, and Behaviour Support Practitioner.
Erin recently moved into the Senior Behaviour Support Practitioner role, which has allowed her to combine her love of Behaviour Support with her leadership experience. As a Senior Behaviour Support Practitioner, Erin provides support and clinical supervision to a team of Behaviour Support Practitioners, as well as providing direct Behaviour Support to individuals.
Erin has a focus on ensuring that any restrictive practices included in Behaviour Support Plans comply with legislative and human rights requirements, which is put into practice through her role as an Independent Clinician with ACT Office of the Senior Practitioner as well as in her own work.
Erin puts particular emphasis on appropriate skill development strategies to assist in the reduction of behaviours of concern.
- Bachelor of Science (Developmental Biology)
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) (Honours)
- Independent Clinician for Positive Behaviour Support panels – ACT (Office of the Senior Practitioner)
- Registered SoSAFE! trainer
- Current registration as a Behaviour Support Practitioner – NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission